In a sworn deposition with SEC attorneys on April 27, 2012, Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc. CEO Don Gillispie asserted his Fifth amendment right against self-incrimination no less than 134 times in about an hour and a half. Many of the questions are very simple, like the first one: "Mr. Gillispie, are you married?"
Some very interesting developments alongside the SEC case appear to have motivated Don's reluctance to speak. Page 27 has the most intriguing partial information, some of which has been redacted by the SEC. Don's attorney says he is "representing him in connection with...." and five lines are blacked out. He goes on to say "In my experience people who are investigated who are charged criminally may be innocent, and in Mr. Gillispie's situation, I mean, he certainly denies any criminal wrongdoing."
On page 28, the SEC attorney, in explaining the situation, gives us a few more clues:
"Just at the outset I would say that any criminal investigation is not within the purview of the SEC. It's within the purview of the US Attorney's office here in Boise. And, of course, if you have questions about that, I would refer you to the US Attorney's office." Then, three and a half more lines are blacked out.
Something very interesting is going on alongside both of AEHI and Gillispie's Federal Court cases, which are only civil, not criminal cases.
There are more clues scattered about the record- a reference in an earlier response to a motion to compel in which AEHI refers to the government having "seized computers," AEHI filing motions to seal documents which could "cause harm to defendants" if made public, and in a new court case filed in Payette county, (paragraph 51 on page 43, this little nugget:
"Payette County officials not only ignored evidence of fraud that had been presented in US District court, but they also apparently ignored the existence of a federal criminal investigation of the AEHI stock fraud scheme. On February 9, 2011, Payette County received a request for records from Special Agent Melissa Ripley of the U.S. Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigation Division." (emphasis added)
Below are the actual deposition and Payette Lawsuit documents:
An unauthorized collection of the records of Alternate Energy Holdings, inc., its principals and subsidiaries, and their antics, trials, and tribulations
Quick Links and Resources
- Idaho Samizdat Article on Amended SEC Complaint
- Roanoke, VA News on AEHI
- Latest Idaho Samizdat Article on AEHI
- Betsy Russell's Eye On Boise Story on AEHI
- Feb 1, 2011 AP Story in Statesmsan on New SEC Docs
- Randy Stapilus on the Hearing
- Boise Weekly Article
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Power Stock or Toxic Waste?
- Streetsweeper- AEHI The Story, the Holes, and the Secrets They Hide
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Another Radioactive Stock Pick?
- Another Blog About AEHI Spin
- OTC Info Page [Link recently removed from AEHI webpage]
- AEHI Facebook Page
- AEHI Documents with Payette P and Z Commission
- Idaho Repository (Court Case Search)
- Securities and Exchange Commission AEHI filings