Former Senior Key Executive Vice President Jennifer Ransom is currently scheduled to be sentenced on January 7, 2016 at 9:30 AM in Federal Courtroom 2 in the Boise Federal Building.
On April 10, 2015, Jennie signed a plea agreement in which she agreed to plead guilty to Count Five of the original Indictment. Further, she agreed to a forfeiture of at least $580,780 as proceeds from the securities act violations to which she plead guilty.
Here are some interesting details from her plea agreement regarding the severity of the crime to which she plead guilty, and sentencing guideline numbers attached:
According to the USSC sentencing guidelines manual and the sentencing table, her adjusted offense level of 27 combines with her criminal history of 0 prior offenses to indicate a sentencing range of 70-87 months, due apparently to the high dollar value of the loss.
Here is the flurry of filings from October until New Year's Eve regarding Jennie's sentencing:
While most of the documents are sealed, Ransom's own sentencing memorandum is not.
In her sentencing memorandum, Ransom's attorney Chuck Peterson argues for probation and incarceration for not more than a year and a day.
However, we cannot see what the government's arguments against them are, so we will have to wait until Thursday, January 7th to see what the actual result will be. More to follow then!
An unauthorized collection of the records of Alternate Energy Holdings, inc., its principals and subsidiaries, and their antics, trials, and tribulations
Quick Links and Resources
- Idaho Samizdat Article on Amended SEC Complaint
- Roanoke, VA News on AEHI
- Latest Idaho Samizdat Article on AEHI
- Betsy Russell's Eye On Boise Story on AEHI
- Feb 1, 2011 AP Story in Statesmsan on New SEC Docs
- Randy Stapilus on the Hearing
- Boise Weekly Article
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Power Stock or Toxic Waste?
- Streetsweeper- AEHI The Story, the Holes, and the Secrets They Hide
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Another Radioactive Stock Pick?
- Another Blog About AEHI Spin
- OTC Info Page [Link recently removed from AEHI webpage]
- AEHI Facebook Page
- AEHI Documents with Payette P and Z Commission
- Idaho Repository (Court Case Search)
- Securities and Exchange Commission AEHI filings