Judge Lodge: (paraphrasing his words to her before pronouncing the sentence) I've spent a lot of time on this. In this court you said "I didn't know," while now you say "It's so obvious." You were involved with a person that was obviously the mastermind, but you were receiving significant salaries, stock issuances, 21 million shares, trips, and cars, and a substantial amount of cash.
The nature of securities of law is such that we have to have strict guidelines because it is susceptible to being manipulated. Many investors suffered serious consequences as a result of this manipulation.
The sentence that is imposed by the court reflects the seriousness of the offense.
In sentencing, you try to promote respect for the law and you don't do that by sending the wrong message with a light sentence.
I realize that Gillispie is the mastermind, and that he did abscond.
You don't want to minimize what happened here. We're trying to protect the public from further crimes from the defendant. We need to try to make it so others do not find themselves in the same seat you are in.
I've wrestled with this for not a short period of time.
Following those comments, Judge Lodge sentenced her to 30 months in prison for her role in the Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc. debacle.
An unauthorized collection of the records of Alternate Energy Holdings, inc., its principals and subsidiaries, and their antics, trials, and tribulations
Quick Links and Resources
- Idaho Samizdat Article on Amended SEC Complaint
- Roanoke, VA News on AEHI
- Latest Idaho Samizdat Article on AEHI
- Betsy Russell's Eye On Boise Story on AEHI
- Feb 1, 2011 AP Story in Statesmsan on New SEC Docs
- Randy Stapilus on the Hearing
- Boise Weekly Article
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Power Stock or Toxic Waste?
- Streetsweeper- AEHI The Story, the Holes, and the Secrets They Hide
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Another Radioactive Stock Pick?
- Another Blog About AEHI Spin
- OTC Info Page [Link recently removed from AEHI webpage]
- AEHI Facebook Page
- AEHI Documents with Payette P and Z Commission
- Idaho Repository (Court Case Search)
- Securities and Exchange Commission AEHI filings