Just as the Dude was finishing up a three1-beer Friday lunch, he looked down at his phone to see multiple messages from friends2 alerting him to this long-overdue news: Former AEHI CEO Don Gillispie and Former Key Senior Executive Jennifer Ransom were indicted (indicted!) on multiple federal criminal charges! Whoa!
Finally. Frankly, the Dude was wondering just what the hell someone would have to do to get Federal charges filed against them. Besides speeding, that is.
Today, the Dude was able to review the full 22-page indictment (indictment!), which lists fourteen counts, including securities fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to defraud the U.S., subscribing a false tax return, aiding and assisting in the preparation of a false tax return, false statements, and failure to signal a lane change3.
Apparently, Don's arraignment (arraignment!) was at 2:30 on Friday the 14th, but no one4 had enough advance notice to be able to get pics of the perp walk (if there even was one). Jennifer Ransom's arraignment is November 25, and they are both scheduled for trial on January 13. Apparently poor little Don whined about not having enough money (!) and got himself a public defender to boot. Here is a screen shot of the docket report from PACER as of this morning:
Of note is the fact that the Government thought Gillispie enough of a flight risk to file a motion for detention (with an exhibit showing he had plans to hightail it to Taiwan) until the January trial. Apparently, the defense was able to persuade the judge and Don got out- for now. (If you see a Maserati or Ford Compensator Pickup lurking in the cell phone lane at the Boise Airport, call the FBI)
Documents: Indictment (!) Motion for Detention Exhibit to Motion for Detention
1. Estimated quantity. May include whiskey. Details are sketchy after the news broke.
2. Yes, He has some.
3. The lane-signal charge may be artistic license.
4. Of the Dude's few friends.
An unauthorized collection of the records of Alternate Energy Holdings, inc., its principals and subsidiaries, and their antics, trials, and tribulations
Quick Links and Resources
- Idaho Samizdat Article on Amended SEC Complaint
- Roanoke, VA News on AEHI
- Latest Idaho Samizdat Article on AEHI
- Betsy Russell's Eye On Boise Story on AEHI
- Feb 1, 2011 AP Story in Statesmsan on New SEC Docs
- Randy Stapilus on the Hearing
- Boise Weekly Article
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Power Stock or Toxic Waste?
- Streetsweeper- AEHI The Story, the Holes, and the Secrets They Hide
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Another Radioactive Stock Pick?
- Another Blog About AEHI Spin
- OTC Info Page [Link recently removed from AEHI webpage]
- AEHI Facebook Page
- AEHI Documents with Payette P and Z Commission
- Idaho Repository (Court Case Search)
- Securities and Exchange Commission AEHI filings