Some goofball named Tom Doss really thinks that AEHI and Don Gillispie are being picked on, and none of this would have happened to him if those pesky anti-nuke activists hadn't gotten involved. He's so passionate about it, he even wrote a followup article.
Here's a news flash for you, Tom: none of this would have happened if Don and company would have simply followed the law and done what they were required to do- like file timely reports, truthful reports, and maybe even tell the truth once in a while in press releases. Oh, and maybe spend investors' money on actually developing an actual nuclear plant instead of on luxury travel, cruises, jewelry, a Maserati, and personal housing.
It seems that Tom rounded up some twenty-five letters of reference for embattled former CEO Don Gillispie, written around January 2012. Some of the authors are very interesting: former Senator Larry Craig and a couple of treasure valley mayors, to mention a few.
Here is what the intro page says about the letters:
"The following letters represent more than 25 people from a variety of walks of life; people who are
willing to stand as references for Don Gillispie, current [now former] CEO of Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc. They are attorneys, mayors, a former senator, doctors, college professors, ministers, a planning and zoning commissioner, nuclear experts and colleagues, an MIT graduate, a variety of national and international business professionals and philanthropists. These are community leaders, advisors, mentors and professionals. Their long-time experience has helped to hone their own abilities to discern the character of people they meet and with whom they work. They have several things in common: They have all known Gillispie for many years. They know him to be an honest and trustworthy person of high regard. They believe in his ability to accomplish projects, especially those related to the nuclear industry. Some even speak from lengthy experience as long-time nuclear power employees and executives. Many of the letters also vouch for Gillispie’s integrity; referencing him as a man who should be trusted and a man who is unwilling to break the law in order to accomplish anything."
Read the letters here:
An unauthorized collection of the records of Alternate Energy Holdings, inc., its principals and subsidiaries, and their antics, trials, and tribulations
Quick Links and Resources
- Idaho Samizdat Article on Amended SEC Complaint
- Roanoke, VA News on AEHI
- Latest Idaho Samizdat Article on AEHI
- Betsy Russell's Eye On Boise Story on AEHI
- Feb 1, 2011 AP Story in Statesmsan on New SEC Docs
- Randy Stapilus on the Hearing
- Boise Weekly Article
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Power Stock or Toxic Waste?
- Streetsweeper- AEHI The Story, the Holes, and the Secrets They Hide
- Streetsweeper- Alternate Energy: Another Radioactive Stock Pick?
- Another Blog About AEHI Spin
- OTC Info Page [Link recently removed from AEHI webpage]
- AEHI Facebook Page
- AEHI Documents with Payette P and Z Commission
- Idaho Repository (Court Case Search)
- Securities and Exchange Commission AEHI filings